Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pictures from the past

Having been inspired with a new charger for my camera, and the option to once more take good photos, I decided to post pictures of some of my favorite creations from the past.

Let's start with the beautiful pictures, taken by my brother, of a dinner my family had for my birthday:This was in August, so all of the food was nice and light.

I believe this was my creation, inspired by a healthier Eggs Benedict I had previously made.
My beautiful napkin rolls.


These next pictures are from a brunch I made for my father's birthday one year (taken on my old phone, so the quality isn't the best.)
This was the healthier take on Eggs Benedict. I made sun-dried tomato cream cheese to put on the English muffins instead of Hollandaise sauce.
One of my favorites for breakfast: couscous soaked in a mixture of apple and cranberry juices and cinnamon sticks, then mixed with orange zest, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, with a dollop of greek yogurt, honey, and a mint leaf for garnish.


One of my favorite activities to do with my mother: making and decorating holiday cookies

a Kokopelli cookie



These are cookies I made at a friend's house. I think the icing was vegan.


After moving to Chicago I still kept up the tradition of holiday cookies with my friends (with an art school twist)Hippie cookies after makin' love


I love making birthday cakes for my friends:





A few other creations:
Potato gnocchi


This was the first time I ever made poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce, just this past year!


Some pictures of what inspire me to cook:

The most amazing store ever: Pride's in Kansas City

At a farmer's market in New Orleans (where my brother now lives and cooks) last summer: wonderful people
wonderful produce

wonderful seafood!

No comments:

Post a Comment